Frequently Asked Questions
How much Phazix can you take in one dose?
How often can you use Phazix?
Should you drink water when you use Phazix for swallowing tablets, capsules or powders?
Can you take several tablets, capsules and powders together with Phazix?
When should you NOT use Phazix?
Phazix has not been developed specifically for those with an impaired swallowing reflex.
Phazix is not a solution for those who choke when eating solid food.
Phazix should not be used for swallowing medicines in liquid or effervescent form.
Who can use Phazix?
• Phazix can be used by anyone who has difficulty swallowing tablets, capsules and powders and can swallow independently.
Do you need to open capsules before taking with Phazix?
- Follow the manufacturer's directions or consult a pharmacist if considering opening capsules.
Do you need to crush tablets before taking with Phazix?
- Follow the manufacturer's directions or consult a pharmacist if considering crushing tablets.
Can you use Phazix during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- There is insufficient data available to establish the safety of Phazix during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Consult with your physician or pharmacist.
Is Phazix registered with the FDA?
- Phazix Pill Swallowing Gel is registered with the FDA as a Class I Medical Device.
How much sugar is in a teaspoon of Phazix?
- One teaspoon of Phazix contains .55g of sugar.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Keep out of reach of children.
Store between 35°F and 77°F (2°C and 25°C).
Use Phazix by the Use-by date printed on the packaging.
Once opened, Phazix should be used within 60 days.
Phazix can be disposed of with ordinary household waste.
Phazix provides comfort and confidence.
Learn more about how Phazix can help you bring comfort and confidence to those who struggle with swallowing medications.
For more information, please complete the form or call ARKRAY at 1.800.566.8558.